Thursday, August 12, 2010

Easy Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

I decided I was in the mood to bake the other day and this is what I came up with:
Easy Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (Now, say that ten times fast:)

This was somewhat of an experiment. I wanted to bake, but I didn't want to spend too much money and I wanted something quick and easy. Ken and I received a cookbook for Christmas a couple of years ago titled "Get Me Out of The Kitchen!". It has a ton of really easy recipes that usually don't involve too many ingredients, one of which is a recipe for oatmeal cookies. The original recipe calls for four ingredients! FOUR! And, despite how little you use to make the cookies, they actually turn out tasting pretty good! I didn't JUST want oatmeal cookies, so I decided to throw in some chocolate chips and peanut butter, because in all reality, who can go wrong with chocolate chips and peanut butter?

Here is what you will need:



1 and 1/2 cup quick oats
1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup butter
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup to 1 cup of peanut butter (depending on how much peanut butter you'd like. I only used a 1/2 cup and I wish I had used more.)


Directions:
*Mix together all six ingredients.
*spoon rounded tablespoons of cookie dough onto a cookie sheet and
*bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.







The hardest part was keeping my fingers out of the cookie dough!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment