Monday, August 9, 2010

Mexican Casserole

Mexican Casserole.

I made this meal last week for my husband and I. I found the recipe on the internet and then added a few extras in. It was super good and it makes roughly 8 to 10 servings depending on how you slice it:)

What You Will Need:

1 lb hamburger,
2 cups salsa,
1 can black beans (drained and rinsed),
1/4 cup Craft Zesty Italian dressing,
1 package of taco seasoning,
6 flour tortillas,
1 package of shredded cheese (2 cups),
1 can of corn,
tortilla chips (optional),
and a pinch of cayenne pepper to spice it up:)

Directions:
*Preheat the over to 400 degrees.
*Brown hamburger in skillet and drain.
*Mix in salsa, black beans, Zesty Italian Dressing, taco seasoning, corn, and cayenne pepper.
*Arrange three tortillas along the bottom and side of a 13 x 9 pan.
*Cover the tortillas with half of the meat mixture.
*Then cover the meat mixture with a cup of cheese and sour cream.
*Repeat Layers.

Bake 40 minutes and Viola!



The recipe suggests placing tin foil over the casserole. I forgot to do that, but it turned out perfectly! Ken and I also spread crushed tortilla chips over the top. It was delicious! I have a weakness for Mexican food and I've made similar casseroles before and this has been the best so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment